- Routine observation for health, hygiene and breeding management.
- Prophylactic measures to control viral bacterial and other parasitic diseases among all animals.
- Periodic supplementation of mineral, essential amino acids and vitamins to promote good health and to reduce stress on the animals.
- Treatment of sick and injured wild animals in captive situation.
- Chemical restraining of wild animals for treatment, crating and shifting purposes.
- Hand rearing of rescued wild animals, rejected young ones and young one separated from the parents to avoid cannibalistic behavior.
- Population control of prolific breeders like Spotted deer, Sambar deer, Nilgai and Black Buck by adopting birth control measures.
- Census of all the mammals, birds and reptiles to prepare inventory report for submission to Central Zoo Authority, New Delhi, which is duly completed by 31st of March every year.
- All the data documentation of zoo hospital is made as per the guidelines of Central Zoo Authority, New Delhi and maintained for reference.
Animal Record Keeping System software of ZIMS is used for animal history recording and uploaded to ZIMS website.
Internship Training is imparted to the BVSc Graduate students and Veterinary Diploma students from the Veterinary University. The practical knowledge to these students is gain in the zoological park. The Veterinary Officers conduct this education programme.
Immobilizing Equipment Training The wildlife divisions in the Telangana Forest Department are possessing wildlife rescue vans which are equipped with immobilizing equipment and drugs. The staff working in wildlife divisions is being trained in handling the immobilizing equipment from time to time. They even get hands on experience in the field.